TRANSLATION

Monday 1 April 2013

Washing the trucks in Marrakech.

RML truckie looking happy this morning.
It was good to see some more of the Truckies as they arrived today from Tangiers. So far, every truck has managed to come through the port very quickly. But I have been talking with some Truckies that used a different shipping agent and they also managed to get through the port in a very short time .I think I will have to speak to our shipping agent and see why we are being charged more money for the same service!!
The paddock in Marrakech is still under construction and tents and display stands are being built everywhere. There are water taps all around the paddock and I was rather amazed that when I got to the circuit this morning, the trucks parked next to me were being washed. Now we all have to make our trucks presentable and clean them, but I cannot understand why you would want to wash a truck when you have a 1 metre gap between each truck. The washing brushes are on poles which are 3 metres long so I am sure you can appreciate how difficult it is to work in such cramped conditions. The trucks parked either side of me have new drivers and I had to explain why it was so stupid to try and wash a truck in such a confined space. Hopefully, they will take my advice and not do this again. Common sense is not some peoples strong point !!!
You can see in the picture just how close some of the trucks are.

For anyone who is coming to watch the WTCC, in Marrakech, it will be easy to see who is a Truckie as everybody, today, seems to have caught the sun and we are all suffering from some sort of sunburn.
Next time, I will let you all know how the journey back to Tangiers port and the inevitable customs procedures progress. I think that with so many race trucks trying to get back to Spain at the same time, delays will be inevitable.



MOROCCO !!  PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG.