TRANSLATION

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Marrakech update and some photos.

I have to start this with a wonderful Twitter quote from a touring car legend, John Cleland.
dont get carried away with the romantics of Casablanca. The airports a shit hole and nearly had a bus shunt on the runway !!!

Well, it looks like we have all made it through the Tangiers port, but we are missing Nika Racing, We have completed the formalities through the customs in a much quicker time than in previous years and I have never seen all of the WTCC, Auto GP, and hospitality Truckies, looking so happy and relieved. For those of us who have done this trip before, it is unbelievable. For the new guys, it has been an experience that they will not forget. Unfortunately, we still have the return journey and I will let you know when it happens.
Damaged air compressor filter

We have had some more truck problems. A broken air compressor, broken hydraulic pipes and a some electrical problems. Thankfully, everything has been fixed or will be repaired at the circuit.

If you read my last story, you will see what I said about washing trucks when you are parked too close to somebody else so you can imagine how upset I was when somebody decided to wash their truck next to mine after I had spent all day polishing it. So when they get to the circuit tomorrow, there first job is to clean my truck and race trailer again. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID people. I know they will not make this mistake again though.
The Lada team have just arrived on Wednesday which is understandable after having to repair one car and build a new car.
Heroes.......every last one of them.
I have been out and about with my camera so please enjoy the photos.
MST track timing guy, digging up the track to install the timing gear in 28 Celsius heat.

RML Truckie hard at work




Alles einfach LKW waschen


The Italian Roal Truckies hard at work

The 250,000 Euro Tenneco/Monroe show truck under construction.


The view through the Marrakech garages before the teams start setting up