TRANSLATION

Thursday 16 May 2013

I love Schnitzel.........and Austria.


If you like eating schnitzel, Austria is a great place to be. But it is not the only reason I am here as the WTCC circus has arrived and we are setting up the garages in one of the prettiest places that you can have a race. The Salzburgring has a wonderful restuarant and inbetween unloading the trucks and all of the equipment, we have been getting fat on....SCHNITZEL.
Unfortunately for some of the Truckies, the journey here has been spoilt by more tyre punctures. I can,t help thinking that these two teams should look at how they are loading their trailers and how the weight is being distributed among the axles. They had problems last year and they have had problems this year. It may just be bad luck, it also seems a little suspicious.                        
Some of the trucks arrived last week as they came straight from Hungary and have been parked up. Other teams left their trucks in Hungary so they could repair the cars at the circuit, but they arrived today. A few teams decided that they had to go back to their factories but by Thursday afternoon, we are all in the paddock, getting ready for the race this weekend.
DHL and Weitracon have been spotted in the paddock and they are here to discuss plans for the container shipping, when we start racing in Argentina, USA, etc, etc. And also to help us with plans for the first WTCC race in Russia. My team has still not decided our exact plans but we are close to making a final decision. I will keep you all informed and I know that I will have so much to write about the Russia trip, so please keep reading my blog.
The internet is not loving me at the moment and is being very slow so I will post another update very soon. Once again, I shall leave you with a few pictures that I have taken from a very beautiful race track in Austria, THE SALZBURGRING.

Roal unload one of their cars

All Inkl team get busy.

A big "thumbs up" from the Banboo guys


FIA set up the scrutineering bay.