TRANSLATION

Wednesday 20 February 2013

The Worlds Fastest Race Truckie

My certificate
For a man who is very, very happy driving a truck at 90kmh, I also love things that go fast. I have built and raced drag bikes and I still mess around with motorcycles in my spare time. And to work within motorsport for so many years has allowed me to be close to some truly amazing cars and motorbikes.

Unfortunately, to go ridiculously fast takes alot of money, which I dont have!!!!!!!!

For the last two years, I have been very interested in the British Bloodhound SSC project who are aiming to make a vehicle capable of 1000mph (1600kmh). The technology that is being developed and used to achieve this is quite amazing and I am fascinated by it. I have seen the full size model that they built and it is a work of art. The team hope to be in South Africa, at Hakspeen Pan, towards the end of 2013. Whether they will be ready to make an attempt on the World Land Speed Record is unknown. People who have been involved with the project or who have donated money, will have their name put on the tail fin of the car so I would like to thank the team for adding my name to the tail fin and for giving me the chance to be the fastest "Race Truckie". I have also been given a nice certificate which I shall frame and hang on my wall.
I wish them all the best in their attempt and I am looking forward to being part of this crazy but brilliant adventure.