TRANSLATION

Friday 7 September 2012

02/10/2012 N 07°06' W 080°42 Panama Canal

Gatun Lock, Panama Canal
Ships position 07/10/2012
As I am typing this, the WTCC containers have travelled through the Panama Canal and are on the last part of their journey to the USA.
I have managed to get a web cam screen shot as the ship passes through one of the locks.(it is the Hapag Lloyd ship in the picture). I spent a lot of time tracking this ship and constantly checking the web cam until I finally managed to get this.

I MUST BE MAD !!!!


Elsewhere in the world of the Truckies, various teams have been testing at Vallelunga, Brands Hatch, Slovakia Ring and Magny Cours.
Engine tests, suspension tests and for the new Honda WTCC team, testing a complete new car.
 
I would also like to thank Paul from  Racingage.com who helped us out by supplying one of his excellent tyre inflation cages at very short notice. This allowed us to meet the very strict Health and Safety regulations when working in the UK.
So as the season continues in two weeks time, I will have chance to update my blog more often and give you something interesting to read. Personally I am looking forward to seeing my Truckie friends again rather than just sending SMS and emails. I am also hopeing that we all get easily through the American immigration controls which I have experienced before.
Racingage.com inflation cage

UPDATE 12/09/2012
It looks like our containers have arrived in Oakland, USA.
HELLO AMERICA
Destination Oakland